ASH FORK WATER SERVICE LEAK ADJUSTMENT POLICY
Effective July 1, 2019
The purpose of the Ash Fork Water Service Leak Adjustment Policy is to:
- Provide an opportunity for account holders to request adjustments to water use charges when a leak, unexplained high-water use, theft, or vandalism occurs on the customer side of the meter.
- Describe conditions when a leak adjustment request will be considered, establish repair expectations, and ensure the consistent application of leak adjustments to all customers.
- Define a Leak as an unintentional water loss caused by broken and/or malfunctioning plumbing fixtures or pipes at a residence or building.
POLICY & PROCEDURES:
Adjustments are offered to customers upon written request after all leaks have been repaired and water usage by the customer has returned to normal levels. Leak adjustments are also available when there is an unexplained high-water use, theft, or vandalism.
Adjustments will be available when all of the following conditions are met:
- Water used by the customer has returned to normal levels.
- The volume of use in question was at least in the 2nd Tier of the Water Consumption Charges per 1,000 gallon.
- An adjustment has not been given on the account within the past three (3) years.
- The water use in question must have occurred within the past six (6) months.
- No adjustments are available for Hauled water or construction water accounts.
- If the same month in the prior year was at the 3rd Tier an adjustment to the 2nd Tier rate will be offered to the customer.
LEAK ADJUSTMENT CALCULATIONS:
Leak adjustments will be calculated by charging a customer at the current adopted rate based upon the customer’s historic water consumption in the same tier, for the same month of the previous year.
If a customer did not have an account with the District in the previous year, the monthly history will be reviewed to determine an average usage. If no history is available, the District will use the current District average per month to bill the account.
Leak adjustments will be presented to the Board of Directors for ratification.
The General Manager will have the discretion to offer adjustments in extraordinary or unique situations outside of this policy. The Board of Directors will ratify all adjustments during the monthly Board meeting.